My husband came across some harsh advice from the suffragette period of time and I thought I would share it.
- Do not marry at all
- Must avoid the flirts, beauty men, tailor’s dummies, football enthusiasts, and bounders
- Look for strong, tame men, fire-lighters, coal-getters, window cleaners, and yard swiller
- Don’t expect too much. Most men are lazy, selfish, thoughtless, lying, drunken, clumsy, rough, unmanly brutes, and need taming
- All bachelors are worse still
- If you want him to be happy; feed the brute
- The same remark applies to dogs
- You will be wiser not to chance marriage. It isn’t worth the risk.
Obviously, this woman doesn’t care for men much.
Photo by Amine M’Siouri on Pexels.com