Pt. Defiance is a 760-acre park in Tacoma, WA that includes a zoo with two aquariums, beach access, jogging trails, and beautiful gardens. It began as a military reservation with Ft. Nisqually at one point. In 1888, President Grover Cleveland authorized the land to be used as a public park. The rose garden has an arched trellis that has been used for many weddings.