There are several good food choices to help retain healthy skin. Here are a few:
- Avocados: They have healthy fats that lock in moisture and strengthen skin cell membranes
- Beets: They support healthy liver function which contributes to glowing skin
- Berries: The skin of the berries have anthocyanins in them which strengthens skin elasticity. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
- Leafy greens and spinach: They help heal skin and support collagen production. They have Vitamins A and C in them also.
- Lemons: They cleanse and balance the body’s pH. They are a good source of Vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes: They help repair and smooth your complexion.
- Salmon: They help protect skin from UV damage and are a good source of protein which aides in healing.
Some spices also help with good skin. Turmeric is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. This helps with healing and anti-aging. Cinnamon helps moderate blood sugar spikes caused by sweet foods. It also is an anti-inflammatory which helps in healing. Also drink plenty of water to retain healthy skin. With summer upon us, slab on that sunscreen. Too much sun can lead to skin cancer and wrinkles.